I have Covid 19

• I have had Covid 19 since Friday 3 July.

It is a horrible virus, (even worse than 'man flu') for an old man to get, I am nearly 70.

I am recovering slowly, day by day, but still unable to walk unaided.

Please, please, please be vigilant, it only takes one tiny virus to infect you.

Stay safe.

Ich habe Covid 19 seit Freitag, dem 3. Juli.

Es ist ein schreckliches Virus (noch schlimmer als die „Männergrippe“), das ein alter Mann bekommt. Ich bin fast 70 Jahre alt.

Ich erhole mich Tag für Tag langsam, kann aber immer noch nicht ohne Hilfe gehen.

Bitte, bitte, bitte seien Sie wachsam, es braucht nur einen winzigen Virus, um Sie zu infizieren.

Bleib sicher.

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Euromodeller () aus folgendem Grund: spelling correction due to brain fart

• Servus!

Ich wünsche Dir alles Gute und eine baldige Besserung!

Bin in Deinem Alter und meide nach Möglichkeit Kontakt außerhalb meiner Umgebung.

Werdet (bleibt) Gesund und haltet Abstand. Das Virus wird uns erhalten bleiben und solange es keine Impfung gibt, sind wir alle gefährdet.

Alles Gute!

Entschuldige mein schwaches Englisch.

Hello!

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!

I am your age and avoid contact outside of my surroundings if possible.

Become healthy and keep your distance. The virus will stay with us and as long as there is no vaccination, we are all at risk.

All the best!

Sorry for my weak English.

Nette Grüße aus Österreich

jofi

TRS2019 (110491) :star: und fallweise T:ANE SP3 :star:

• Dear Graham,

I am so sorry to hear this and I truly hope you will recover very soon.

Yes we are no longer in our twenties and everyone should take good care of each other and respect distance when we are out.

All the best.

Morten

• You lucky, lucky man!, You wrote you are recovering, at your age that is something...I heard that people over 60 (that's me too) are the ones with the highest risk factor of passing away. I am glad you are recovering, man....

Du glücklicher, glücklicher Mann! Du hast geschrieben, dass du dich erholst, in deinem Alter ist das etwas ... Ich habe gehört, dass Menschen über 60 (das bin ich auch) diejenigen mit dem höchsten Risikofaktor für den Tod sind. Ich bin froh, dass du dich erholst.

Ron

• Graham,

halt die Ohren steif und werde wieder ganz gesund.

Graham,

keep your ears stiff* and please recover completely.

Cheers

Norbert

*My favourite Translator Leo.org (run by the University of Munich) says it should rather be "keep your pecker up"...

• Lieber Graham,

alles Gute und werde rasch wieder gesund! Corona ist eine hinterhältige Krankheit.

Dear Graham,

all Good for you and make a quick recovery! Corona is a nasty, backhanded illness.

• Hallo Freunde

Graham hat nun auf meine Mail geantwortet.
    Er hat mich gebeten euch zu sagen , dass es ihm ( verhältnissmäßig , denke ich ) gut geht.

Er fühlt sich müde und verbringt sehr viel seiner Zeit im Bett.

Seine Lungen haben gelitten , er ist unfähig sich zu konzentrieren und er kann nicht weit laufen.

Er sagt , daß es ihm ein bisschen besser geht und er nicht aufgibt.

Drücken wir ihm alle Daumen , die wir haben. :smiling_face_with_halo:

Tilo

Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn Wissen ist begrenzt. (A. Einstein)

• Good morning all, thank you for your messages and kind words and a special thank you to tilo_b.

Today I will tell you briefly what happened in my Covid journey.

Day one, chest pain, fever, shaking, coughing, trying to vomit, dry throat, runny nose, halucinations, it just overwhelmed me, I thought i was a going to die. Then over the next 24 hours that all changed to fevers but no pain, My sense of taste went.

It never got to the pneumonia stage so I guessed that I was over the worse and very, very lucky.

I could not sit up I had no strength, 24 hours later I could sit up, but could not stand up.

What I was left with are breathlessness, intermittent dry cough and poor leg mobility.

I have a Cross-Trainer that I use to keep fit on, but after a couple of strides breathing is difficult, need to breath to exercise, need to exercise to keep my legs from getting muscle wastage.

My voice has no power and no oomph!

After day 10 my taste buds re-activated along with the cough, apparently this is because you are trying to expell the dead lung cells.

I spent most of yesterday on my bed, no energy at all.

This morning I have started my PC up to see if I can concentrate enough to do Trainzing for a short period.

Keep vigilant, the Bug is still around, you can't see it, touch it or smell it.

It is a killer and despite restrictions getting lifted, we are still in peril.

It will be safer when the vaccine is sanctioned, but until then, be careful!

I suppose it will all end eventually and some sort of normality will resume, but 'normal' has never been one of my attributes :grinning_squinting_face:

Stay safe

***Can one of our English speaking members translate my message to German for me please?.

----

Editiert durch Sebastian

DeepL-Übersetzung:

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Sebastian ()

• Just about time Graham, that you continue with your brilliant work - :) No, just kidding :)

Get well soon and take youre time wich ist the only important thing and if you feel better - just have a few rounds on one of your train engines and just enjoy.

Best wishes from Hilden/Dusseldorf

cheers

Ulli

• Hello, Graham.

I wish you a speedy recovery and many more healthy and happy years!

Hallo Graham!

Ich wünsche Dir baldige Besserung und noch recht viele gesunde und glückliche Jahre!

Nette Grüße aus Österreich

jofi

TRS2019 (110491) :star: und fallweise T:ANE SP3 :star: