Fictional German High-speed

• This thread is for my fictional high-speed project. I will be posting updates, polls and various screenshots from the development here.

Basic Info:
    - Route planning will be done via polls if this project gains enough attention. First line is Berlin - Leipzig.
    - Route lenght and path is fictional, real are only names.
    - Signal / Speed system on HS lines is created to be as close to PZB and LZB as possible with current available assets. Therefore needing the HUD to be enabled.
    - Signal / Speed system on Regional lines are regular AŽD (Czechoslovak - due to their unlimited options of programming and simplicity, and my lack of knowledge of German signals) signals and speed signs (unless LZB wire is present, in which case driving with HUD is required).
    - Planned consists: ICE1, ICE2, Velaro D
    - Planned operations: Stage 1 - Passenger only

Terminology:
    - Branch Lines: up to 100km/h
    - Main Lines: up to 120km/h
    - Regional Lines: up to 160km/h
    - Lower-high-speed (LHS): 160km/h - 200km/h
    - High-speed (HS): 200km/h - 320km/h
    - Super-high-speed (SHS): 320km/h - 400km/h
    - Ultra-high-speed (UHS): above 400km/h

Main goal: If enough people show interest, I will be expanding this route alongside Central Europe until I connect all major cities of Germany, perhaps something in the neighbouring countries too (Paris, Amsterdam, Wien, etc.).

This project is Freeware and on DLS. However, once / if the route file size will be greater than DLS file size limit, I will be uploading the route as payware.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Slovak_Eagle () aus folgendem Grund: Added terminology.

• Current progress update:

Stage 1: Berlin - Leipzig (45% finished)

Current WIP area: Jüterbog

Points of interest:
    - Connection with regional line to Magdeburg via Lutherstadt Wittenberg.
    - 10 track station (6 platform, 4 pass-through)(2x High-speed platforms, 4x Regional platforms)
    - Top speed in station: 320km/h
    - Top speed at platforms: 120km/h

• Let me show you what has been finished so far and what is currently in works.

Berlin Zentral (km 0,0)

100% finished

Internationaler Flughafen Berlin (km 12,5)

95% finished (needs platform decorations)

Ludwigsfelde (km 24,5)

Trebbin Junction (km 28,2)

100% finished

Circular - Southern Junction (km 31-32)

98% finished (needs more grass)

Meeting A10 (km 37,8)

100% finished

Luckenwalde (km 43,9)

Jüterbog (km 47,8)

5% finished (needs everything)

• Progress update:

Jüterbog is 50% finished.

Next thing to do is catenary within the station platforms.

After that, the hardest part of the station layout will be the flyover connection with regional lines.

_ __________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other News:

I am doing testing runs with Euromodeller ´s new Swiss EMU. In real life it should be limited to 200km/h, but I managed to get it up to 320km/h on the first run. As such, I will be on lookout for an enginespec which will limit the speed to 200km/h. If I won´t find such enginespec, I will try to find something with reasonably close top speed.

If the resulting replacement enginespec will be:
    Above 200km/h - Train could be used as stopping service for High-speed sections of the route. (HS sections: 200km/h - 320km/h)
    At or Below 200km/h - Train could be used as express service only for lower-high-speed sections of the route. (LHS sections: 160km/h - 200km/h)

However even with replacement, I do not have plans to use it on current stage of the route, because after all, it is Swiss train. Which means that it could be only used if I ever get South of Munich.

• (snipped)

Swiss EMU. In real life it should be limited to 200km/h, but I managed to get it up to 320km/h on the first run. As such, I will be on lookout for an enginespec which will limit the speed to 200km/h. If I won´t find such enginespec, I will try to find something with reasonably close top speed

Ich habe vor, eine 200km/h-Version zu machen, also gib mir 2-3 Tage und ich werde es auf dem DLS bekommen.

I have plans to make a 200km/h version, so give me 2-3 days and I will get it on the DLS.

cheers,

Graham

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• Hello guys! Progress update, erm... I need help. Does anyone know kuids of these type of supports which are avilable on the DLS?

I do have the 3 versions by DanielMueller, but I need wider ones. Best would be a spline. They do not have to be of this exact shape or size, but something that can be used on these types of flyovers and allow for very wide spans.

Thank You all for the support! I appreciate it a lot.

• Have a look at JMA nippon bridges E1 and E2.

There are many usefull JMA items available.

Sehen Sie sich die JMA Nippon-Brücken E1 und E2 an.

Es gibt viele nützliche JMA-Artikel.

Cheers!

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• Slovak_Eagle

Hat das Label Freeware entfernt.

Stage 1: Berlin - Leipzig (55% finished)

Current WIP area: Jüterbog - Leipzig

Jüterbog has now been finished. Last thing to do are platform decorations, but those will generally be the last thing to do at all the stations.

Station

Southern Intersection with Regional line (to Leipzig)

Northern end (to Berlin)

Map overview

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You may have also noticed that I removed the "Freeware" tag of this project. Let me explain.

Several people have told me that this project is already payware quality. I myself am conflicted about this and don´t think that this is payware quality. However I think I will give it a shot.

The freeware part of the route will remain Berlin - Leipzig (including freight facilities) and at least 2 additional regional lines connecting to this area and the circular line around Berlin, including a High-speed train yard / depo / workshop in the East, regular train yard / depo / workshop in the North and freight yard / unloading / loading in the West of the circular.

After that if I and others will be interested enough in continuing this project further, the additional high-speed lines and surrounding areas could become payware.

Now, this is not official and I have not decided yet. But if I go for it, you can expect something as described above, unless my entire idea of the route changes.

• Should these two towns be included on the route? 12

1. Include only Jessen (Elster). (0) 0%
    2. Include only Bad Schmiedeberg. (3) 25%
    3. Include both. (9) 75%
    4. Don´t include them. (0) 0%

The next area to work on is Jüterbog - Leipzig.

However, at my current plan, I would be avoiding two towns along the way and just making the 50 kilometers in a straight shot without stopping. The towns in question are Jessen (Elster) and Bad Schmiedeberg.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Slovak_Eagle () aus folgendem Grund: Grammar

• Lovely progress, great work!

Especially those high-speed junctions, they turned out beautifully! :red_heart:

I bet those splines where quite the hassle to get to line up properly.

Regarding the poll... I've had look-around on the maps, and I couldn't find a Bad Schiedeberg.

I could find a Bad Schmiedeberg (which is also in the nearby area), but that didn't have a train station. Did you mean this town?

Anyways, great work so far, and I'm very much looking forward to future update posts! :)

• Yes that town. I am sorry for misspelling that. I even double checked :grinning_squinting_face:
    I did type it correctly on the message next to the poll, but not in the actual poll XD

Thank You for the compliments!

Yeah it was little bit of moving around, but it was quite easy. Most time on my side was spent on random things around my life so the progress was a little bit slow. Now some friends hooked me up on Snowrunner so I am trying to divide the work and fun time accordingly. However the development time should not take any hits from now.

I will take the poll results in mind when I reach the area of the first station.

Stage 1: Berlin - Leipzig (60% finished)

Current WIP area: Jessen (Elster)

Work is starting on the town of Jessen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

High-speed (Left) and Regional (Right) lines merge with their respective pass-through tracks outside of Jüterbog.

High.speed line passes over the Regional line.

High-speed line (Right) and Regional line (Left) diverge from each other.

Regional line diverges just outside of Jessen. The diverging track will connect to other regional line passing Jüterbog from the south.

• Will you guys mind a lot if Berlin will be city with big harbour and full of skyscrapers? 16

Das Ergebnis ist nur für Teilnehmer sichtbar.

Because my original plan was for this route was to be set in fictional England, instead of Berlin I was supposed to use London. Because of that I have created the city in a way to look like futuristic London. :upside_down_face:

Stage 1: Berlin - Leipzig (70% finished)

Current WIP area: Bad Schmiedeberg - Bad Düben

Work is starting on the stretch of tracks between the two towns.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! It´s been quite a while since the last update on this project, so I figured I might post something. Since the 24th of September I progressed only a little, approximately 10 kilometers.

So, what is new?

The town and station of Jessen are 95% finished. As with other stations, I am missing only the platform decorations. The tracks split north of Jessen to allow for regional line connection from the South, to accompany the connection from North at Jüterbog. This connection will be finished when I begin work on the regional lines. Speed at platforms is 100km/h.

The town and station of Bad Schmiedeberg are 90% finished. Here I just have to add grass and platform decoartions.

This station is a bit unique and that is because it only has 2 tracks, rather than 4. However, the speed of the trains through the platforms will stay at 200km/h. As such, I had to create this station with additional safety for passengers, and that is a glass panel fence at the edge of the platforms. This comes with more limitations as well. I wanted the regional trains which stop at these stations to be Flirt 3. There are 4 and 5 car versions.

However, as you can see, the 4 car and 5 car versions have different door placement. The platforms are 200 meters long, which means they can fit 2x Flirt 3 sets couple together. The 5 car sets however, are very symmetrical. So much that no matter the orientation and order of being couple together (front 1 to front 1 or front 1 to front 2), they will have doors at exact same positions every single time. This means that only 5 car Flirt 3 sets are allowed to stop at this station. This is one of the two unique stations I plan on this line. These two unique stations will require precise stopping of trains.

The margin of error in stopping position is minimal and correct stopping points will be marked with H signs.

I have decided for this desing because I thought it would be more unique and bring a little bit of challenge to the player.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additional screenshots

• Due to slight issues with my hard drive and TRS19 SP4, there might be significant delay to this project. As such, if you guys are interested in having a demo of the current progress (Berlin - Bad Düben / approximately 67km) released, let me know.

Thank You for the support and I hope I will be able to continue the work soon.

• Okay, I will upload it on the website here, not on DLS. Once I resume work or finish stage one, I will remove it from here and put it up on DLS.

I will pack it with a base session which includes all intended trains.

I want to apologize in advance for the lack of easy drive-ability, becuase I did not place any crossovers, so at one end of the route, you will be forced to use the drive mode "edit trains" to turn around. This is something I will have to fix later in development.