Making assets seasonal...

• Let's begin gently...

Seasonality is a part of Trainz since TANE. On the project I am working on along with Slovak_Eagle and yuz6099 and that's CE, it was a common part in the earliest version of the map, until some time. I think seasonality became forgotten due to its complex nature of making content compatible with it.

Recently, I came back to the topic - with CEM - Seasonal Concept. The amount of the flora that needs to be made seasonal (and pretty looking too) is huge. But on the other hand, the time of making one tree seasonal is relatively small - from 15 up to 25 minutes. However, the issue that always makes me worried are copyrights. I am always afraid whether refurbished content will make it to the next month/year.

Here are my screenshots showing the trees I remade.

So here is the question: should We all revive seasonality when it comes to plants? In my honest opinion - yes. Seasonality gives 3-4 versions of the same map packed in one thing. So what do You think?

Thanks to basy2xc for an idea of this thread.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I really like that Idea, it can give the route a completely different look fairly easy. Creating spring and autumn might be quite possible by only using seasonal trees and ground textures. If depending on only a couple authors it might even be possible to get permission to update some assets. Creating a winter scene is going to be the problem since you'd need to update almost every Item. Do you have any idea how this problem can be solved?

• I have some seasonal speedtrees on the DLS.

Look for EMT Tree in CM/DLS

also here

EMT Trees

Scroll down from that post to see more trees and tree groups.

Cheers,

graham

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• I really like that Idea, it can give the route a completely different look fairly easy. Creating spring and autumn might be quite possible by only using seasonal trees and ground textures. If depending on only a couple authors it might even be possible to get permission to update some assets. Creating a winter scene is going to be the problem since you'd need to update almost every Item. Do you have any idea how this problem can be solved?

I think that making winter only depends on tracks/roads (plus sidewalks), embankments and flora. Houses don't need to have seasonality included, but that's author's will to do so.

Currently, I am modernising st_rmm trees and CL bushes on polish side of CE Mini. And here's the problem, both clam1952 and RMM aren't very active and I thought of using CC 3.0 license, since I didn't really modify the assets themselves - I just updated them to be seasonal (and optimized in case of CL Bushes).

In case of samplaire's assets, I've been updating his assets to 3.7+ standards several times so I think that update of his embankments and tracks is just a matter of time.

So what's my advice to make winter scenes look good? Just focus on flora, tracks, roads and embankments. Stuff that nobody would notice (like seasonal catenary pylons, I planned them back in a day) leave for good. Or stuff, that doesn't really change during winter, should be left as well.