ZiuT's Little Workshop

• Let's begin with the one of the latest projects I (almost) finished.

As always, I remake old assets that aren't good enough for today's times - at least in my opinion. So, due to me making CEM seasonal, I remade original drstrach's platforms. There are 4 versions (cobblestones, cobblestones with moss and gravel, gravel and grass) that have 4 different meshes (designated as: Vx, VxE2, VxS, VxSE1). To conlcude there are over 60 assets. Tri count may be vary, but thanks to LOD system, they won't be too overwhelming for your computer. Library weighs slightly over 100MB, this is the price of seasonality and PBR.

Some screenshots:

Hope You like them. :)

• They look very good, but the texture for the cobblestones is way too big.

The average size is 12-22 cm * 12-16 cm (L x W). The length of shoe size 40 (EU-Norm) is 25.4cm. So the person in your picture is a two week old baby or your texture doesn't fit :)

Mick!

One of the painful signs of years of dumbed-down education is how many people are unable to make a coherent argument. They can vent their emotions, question other people’s motives, make bold assertions, repeat slogans—anything except reason.“ (Thomas Sowell)

• ...naja, es gibt schon bei den Gehwegplatten Formate von 30 x 30 cm², 40 x 40 cm² und 50 x 50 cm² (und größer).

Da passt das Verhältnis zur Person und dem Gleis von der Größe her schon!

Nur wurde vermutlich das Pump-Mapping zu grob eingestellt, denn die Fugen sind viel zu tief und zu breit.

Neben der enormen Stolpergefahr würde so mancher Frauen- und Kinderfuß stecken bleiben...

Ansonsten eine gute Idee!

Edit: natürlich war "Bump-Mapping" gemeint!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Joerg M ()

• Okay, because of the depth of the joints I assumed cobblestones. If they should be concrete tiles, then the size is okay but then the depth of the joints is too deep... :)

Mick!

One of the painful signs of years of dumbed-down education is how many people are unable to make a coherent argument. They can vent their emotions, question other people’s motives, make bold assertions, repeat slogans—anything except reason.“ (Thomas Sowell)

• Platforms are almost finished, they need some fixes and I can finally publish them.

Today, I came with something different - an update of well known CL Bushes. I basically made them seasonal (thanks to CE Mini Update) and this reduced the number of them from 3 seperate versions of 1 bush just to 1 version of a bush.

Textures and original meshes always belong to clam1952 who made these assets. I've only updated them to be seasonal. They will be published soon.

Screenshots:

And how they look like on map:

I hope You like them.

• Here I present you a set of 12 cliffs in 2 sizes (height: 30m and 15m) and 2 texture variants. It's a replacement for old and obsolete looking ET Felswands. All of these are splines so You can place them much more easily than their predecessors, which are scenery objects. And just because they are part of CE:Mini remake, they are also seasonal. :winking_face:

Here is how they look like:

And how they look like on map:

As every single asset by me, they are going to DLS soon. :)

Hope You like them.

• After creating a little surprise for over 2 weeks, I can finally present it. Here's the pack of 30 fully PBR houses inspired by old LukasX houses.

They are seasonal and contain nightmesh. They are also much more optimized unlike the predecessors. The tri-count is very vary, but it's ranging from around 400-1300 tri for LOD0 meshes. Library size is 126MB.

P.S After a month and a half, I also sent platform library to DLS, it will be available soon.

• Today, I've got a non-seasonal asset which resembles Staszic shaft from Wałbrzych. It is not the most detailed and the most correct replica, but I am sure You will find it useful. :winking_face:

Tri count of each LOD mesh:

LOD0: 3181 tri, LOD1: 1645tri LOD2: 400 tri

It is fully PBR, 2 drawcalls (one material for the building, second one for the fences)

Hope You like it. :)

• The largest part of my content list is made of remade assets. So here comes another one to the collection.

The coal chute from KWK Pokój in Ruda Śląska. It was originally made by petelicki back in 2010. New version is fully PBR, has LODs (LOD0:8862, LOD1:3410, LOD2:456 (triangles)) and unlike the original, it has one drawcall/material only.

Here are the screenshots:

And just like the original, tracks fit every direction:

I hope You like it. :winking_face:

• Since the release of TRS19, there were no PBR tenements that would be able to replace the old m.onetex ones. So basically, my goal is to replace most of the popular m.onetex tenements with my original ones. As always, the new tenements of mine are seasonal, have PBR and nightview. First pack of TH includes 6 1-story tenements in 3 different versions (so there are 18 of them). They will perfectly fit small towns and villages. :)

How they look like:

Example of use:

• After weeks (or months, I don't know :D) here come new pieces of ZiuT PolCat catenary pack.

It is a massive update containing over 150 assets. Here is the changelist:

• One of the biggest changes is hanger texturing that made them look even
      more realistic. All availible with new version of Hanger Library. (<kuid2:448741:29900:3> ZiuT PolCat-PBR HangerV3 Lib)
    • All the pylons and pieces that can be attached to them (excluding hangers) are now in scenery version.
    • New types of hangers:

- M-series - shorter variant of P-series, they are compatible with N-series hangers. They can be attached to the gantries/overhangs.

- SO hangers - Light hangers to pull the wires to the center of track. (catenary wires for them coming in the future)

- SPV/LPV hangers - 3.5m variant made for stations and special cases.

- MP/MM-series - hangers containing two arms, perfect for junctions.

• Hanger extensions
    • What's next? Surely, the catenary wires themself. Currently, they are lacking the library as well as LODs. Afterwards, gantries will be updated so that there will be more variants. In the future I might think of half-tensioned hangers and wire system, and modern (1980s+) hangers too.

Availible at DLS only.

• Entschuldiegung fuer alle, aber diese Forumsbeitrag ist in Polnisch. ZiuT ist aus Polen, Ich bin aus Polen, danach schriben in andere Sprache das ist keine gute Ideen :winking_face:

ZiuT'cie, szybkie pytanie, a może pomysł od nowego użytkownika Twojej sieci trakcyjnej - super że słupy w każdej wersji są już w wersji obiektów, ale czy nie myślałeś ażeby najczęściej używane elementy zrobić jako całość - np. słup + wieszak LPO2/SPO2 - ułatwiłoby to budowanie sieci na szlaku, a druga kwestia - ograniczyłoby użycie trackside na odcinku. TRS jak i TS często robi problemy przy zbyt dużej ilości trackside na odcinku bez semaforów, więc gdyby istniał monolit - nie ukrywajmy, byłoby o niebo łatwiej :winking_face:

BTW dzięki za Twoją pracę - jak dla mnie jest to nowe odkrycie możliwości TS19, więc mówiąc nieskromnie - czekam na więcej!

Pozdro :winking_face:

ZiuT, eine kurze Frage oder vielleicht eine Idee von einem neuen Benutzer Ihrer Oberleitung - toll, dass die Masten in jeder Version bereits in der Objektversion enthalten sind, aber haben Sie nicht daran gedacht, die am häufigsten verwendeten Elemente als Ganzes zu erstellen - z.B. Masten + LPO2/SPO2-Hänger - das würde den Aufbau des Netzes auf der Strecke vereinfachen, und der andere Punkt - es würde die Verwendung von Gleisanlagen auf dem Abschnitt reduzieren. Sowohl TRS als auch TS machen oft Probleme mit zu viel Gleis auf einem Abschnitt ohne Semaphoren, wenn es also einen Monolithen gäbe - wir wollen ihn nicht verstecken - wäre es viel einfacher :winking_face:

Übrigens vielen Dank für Ihre Arbeit - für mich ist dies eine neue Entdeckung der Möglichkeiten von TS19, um es mal ganz unbescheiden auszudrücken - ich freue mich auf mehr!

Prost :winking_face:

Übersetzt mit http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von basy2xc () aus folgendem Grund: Übersetzung hinzugefügt

• Hallo KGridTrainz,

schön dich hier auf Trainz.de begrüßen zu dürfen!

An der Stelle habe ich nur eine Bitte: Kannst du bei deinen zukünftigen Beiträgen bitte eine deutsche Übersetzung hinzufügen.

Hierfür ist z.B. deepL oder eine vergleichbare Anwendungen völlig ausreichend.

Witam KGridTrainz,

Miło mi powitać cię tutaj na Trainz.de!

W tym momencie mam tylko jedną prośbę: Czy możesz dodać niemieckie tłumaczenie do swoich przyszłych postów.

Do tego celu w zupełności wystarczy np. deepL lub porównywalna aplikacja.

• [PL]:

Cześć KGridTrainz !

Zanim zacznę, dzięki za użycie mojej paczki. Myślałem już, że nikt się nią nie interesuje, więc nie wkładałem w nią zbytnio czasu. Ale jeżeli pojawia się popyt to jednak zmotywuję się do kontynuacji paczki. :)

Rzeczywiście pomysł o monolicie, o którym mówisz, jest dobry. Miałem w planach takie coś jeszcze, gdy PolCat był w wersji V1 (niedostępna i bardzo słaba jakościowo paczka). Sam teraz cierpię z powodu braku takiego rozwiązania.

Planuję więcej, ale nie obiecuję, bo mam już wystarczająco dużo na karku. Sortowanie tego wszystkiego to rzeczywiście trudna sprawa.

A jeszcze jedno, ponieważ nie wydałem jeszcze instrukcji, wysięgniki typu SPOx/SNOx/SMOx nie powinny być używane na liniach jako zwykłe wysięgniki, tylko jedynie jako odciągi (litera O oznacza odciąg). Normalnie powinno się używać SPx/SNx/SMx. Po prostu wysięgniki SPO są za krótkie na takie wyzwania.

Przykład użycia:

[ENG]:

Hi KGridTrainz !

Before I start, thank You for using my catenary pack. I thought no one cares about it so I haven't put much effort into it. However, if someone needs it and finds it alright, I might even motivate myself to go on with it. :)

The idea of monolith that consists of a hanger and pylon is alright. I've already planned such feature back when PolCat V1 was a thing (poorly made pack). Now I also suffer due to the lack of such thing.

I am planning to make more but I don't promise anything. Sorting all of this stuff is a very difficult job.

At last, due to the fact that I haven't made an instruction yet, SPO/SMO/SNO hangers should not be used as common short hangers, it's SP/SM/SN hanger job. SPO/SMO/SNO hangers are just to short to handle that job, so they should be used in unique cases.

Example of use:

[ATTACHMENT ABOVE]

• [DE - folgende]

[PL]

Czuj się zmotywowany - to mega fajna paczka, zwłaszcza że żyjemy w czasach Trainza, gdzie detale są pożądane, Nie ukrywam, odkryłem tą sieć jak i dodatki niedawno - ale zmieniło to trochę moje spojrzenie na projekty, które robię. A u mnie taki ruch to rzadkość - więc oby częściej, oby więcej [i nie tylko sieci, ale i peronów i dupereli i budynków] :winking_face:

A monolit - jeśli się uda, będę zobowiązany dobrym piwem (a jak dobre piwo to raczej czeskie) :)

Co do SPO/LPO vs SP/LP - kapnąłem się o tym dzień po napisaniu mojego posta, ale takie to są objawy choroby wieku dziecięcego :winking_face:

[DE]

Fühlen Sie sich motiviert - es ist ein mega cooles Paket, besonders da wir in der Trainz-Ära leben, in der Details gefragt sind. Ich mache kein Geheimnis daraus, dass ich diese Oberleitung sowie die Add-ons erst vor kurzem entdeckt habe - aber es hat meine Perspektive auf die Projekte, die ich mache, ein wenig verändert. Und bei mir ist diese Art von Bewegung eine Seltenheit - also lasst uns mehr haben, lasst uns mehr haben [und nicht nur Oberleitunge, sondern auch Bahnsteige und Doppelhäuser und Gebäude] :winking_face:

Und der Monolith - wenn er funktioniert, werde ich mit einem guten Bier belohnt (und wenn es ein gutes Bier ist, ist es eher tschechisch) :)

Was die SPO/LPO vs. SP/LP betrifft - ich habe am Tag, nachdem ich meinen Beitrag geschrieben hatte, darüber getropft, aber so sind die Symptome einer Kinderkrankheit :winking_face: