Central Europe Project

• Hello! Welcome to the CEP Thread!

This thread serves as a place where you can view various updates about CEP and ask question regarding CEP. You can leave suggestions too! If you have a complaint or found a problem on the route or one of it´s many sessions, feel free to report it here too!
    Alternatively you can also tell us on Trainz.de or contact us directly in information provided in asset description visible in your game.

CEP is set from the year 2010 till present day.

Included Countries:
    Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Austria

Planned Countries:
    Germany, Denmark, Switzerland*

*not confirmed

All countries are WIP

Current trackage: 210km
    Planned trackage: 600+km
    Route Scale: approx. 1:8

Team members: 10
    Levi990e  mr-woodapple  Trainz.de  br52fan  @euromodeller  pitti1409 (others will be added when/if they create accounts)

• Eventhough Denmark isn't strictly Central Europe, I really like your level of ambition. I know there is a Danish guy out there who is rebuilding almost the entire Danish network and I will try to get him over here. That should save some work and add a lot of kilometers to the project.

• We do have a Danish guy on our team. The thing with this is that it isn´t 1:1 scale, but 1:8. So that the travel time is not excessive and doesn´t take 12 hours. We have part of Denmark finished already and we aren´t planning all of it either. So far the planned network in Denmark ends in Fredericia and currently finished section ends in Kolding. Since Denmark is quite some time away from being implemented, the author of it is working on Austria and Germany now.

And yeah we are aware that Denmark isn´t CE, but the guy really wanted to be part of the project so why not :grinning_squinting_face:
    We don´t even plan all of Germany, but if we ever decide to do it, it would start off with high-speed lines connecting major cities, only then some traditional mainlines.

The most important thing is to remember that the route file size has to stay within 500mb. Otherwise the DLS won´t accept it anymore for being too big. If we do go over that 500mb line (which at current state requires us to make the route 4x bigger in order to reach, effectively giving us 840 kilometers to work with), the route will have to either be listed only on 3rd party websites (which we are strongly against) or be a payware DLC / part of next trainz release (which we are leaning more towards for being more appropriate)

• Hello to you all,

I am very pleased to be just a small part in this massive project.

May it continue to grow!

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• Hey Guys. I would love to be part of a real railroad and see the end come sooner than later. I'm actually kinda tired of trying to build one myself

and only getting about 80% to 90% complete and then delete it and start another.

I am not a builder/creator but a kit-basher from years ago. Thanks for getting this one started.

The Colonel

• A new set of assets for the CEP is now live on the DLS.

KS Stadler Flirt 1, 4 unit set.

A very poor video...

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Cheers,

Graham

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• Hello! Today we have decided to reveal Central Europe Project - Mini!

What is CEP Mini?

CEP Mini is a small, fully fictional route based on Central Europe and set only in 3 countries - Poland, Czechia and Slovakia.

If you have followed the project closely (or tried it yourself), you know that running multiplayer on the main layout is not possible due to the amount of details. The game has trouble loading different areas of the route. CEP Mini is here to eliminate that.

If you have followed the project since the beggining, you know that original CEP plans weren´t 600 kilometers long. Instead, original CEP plan was to be fully fictional representation of Slovakia, Czechia and Germany. However due to our German team member loosing motivation and the rest of the team now going more realistic, we enden up changing all the original ideas.

CEP Mini takes the original idea of small layout spread across 3 countries. The idea is simple. 25 kilometers of tracks per country on 100 baseboards organised in square or rectangle.

The route is made of outside and inside.

Outside is an electrified mainline connecting all 3 countries in a loop. To make it more challenging and allow the use of all electric engines, the electric system changes. Slovakia and Czechia are connected with 25kV AC and Slovakia with Czechia are connected to Poland with 3kV DC.

Inside is made a diesel branchline. This provides secondary connections to all countries in the middle of the route.

The route has various industries spread across the 3 countries. The industry chain often passes the border.

This little idea has been in development for around 3 weeks now and is slowly coming along, with main stations of each country being finished already. We are now moving towards the rural areas with many more industries.

So, let´s take a look at the main stations.

Poland:

Czechia:

Slovakia:

Now as stated before, CEP Mini is meant for multiplayer purposes. The route is not heavy on performance and despite the detail, handles very well.

Obviously, this pauses progress on CEP in certain regions for a while. But as some of the route builders have been slowly draining their creativity over the last 3 years, doing something a little bit different is helping us to regain motivation and power to work on the main layout.

I myself have been focusing more on sessions for the main CEP. This and the inability of the game to handle the route in multiplayer is begging the question of using CEP only for SIngleplayer scripted sessions, while CEP Mini for multiplayer. However I already know that despite this, I will release both singleplayer and multiplayer sessions for both routes.

Thank You for the support! Have a wonderful weekend!

• The preview stream by Sharadise will happen tonight at 9pm CEST on Twitch!

Please keep in mind however that he is playing on MAC version of the game and his game has problem with some of the PBR assets, as their texture files can not be recognised and unpacked, as such, please excuse the missing Catenary and Houses on this stream. The catenary and houses are there on PC.

Externer Inhalt www.twitch.tv
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• The preview stream by Sharadise will happen tonight at 9pm CEST on Twitch!

Please keep in mind however that he is playing on MAC version of the game and his game has problem with some of the PBR assets, as their texture files can not be recognised and unpacked, as such, please excuse the missing Catenary and Houses on this stream. The catenary and houses are there on PC.

Externer Inhalt www.twitch.tv

And I've heard that that stream is now archived, over on the Sharadise YouTube channel! :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OypMxG65W5TlEmjoy4HyqmvS2mV5zTP8/view?usp=sharing