Central Europe MP Route Project

• I know about that sound, but that is how they sound in real life too!

If anyone can tell me of a better flirt sound that I can use then please let me know.

5 minutes into this video

Ich weiß über diesen Sound Bescheid, aber so klingen sie auch im wirklichen Leben!

Wenn mir jemand einen besseren Flirt-Sound sagen kann, den ich verwenden kann, dann lass es mich bitte wissen.

5 Minuten in dieses Video

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Cheers and stay safe.

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• Should have clarified that what I meant was that the sound can be heard inside the cab as well in TRS19. And louder as well. And driving for an hour with constant whistle in my ear will not be fun. True I can disable sounds, but what about other players? I will think about a possible workaround or better sound.

Maybe a separate version with no sounds other than the rolling sounds and lock the player camera in cab view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But that would be stupid...

• I have a few improvements to add to the Flirt 1 for an update including a complete roof reskin with more defined units on it.

I'll see if I can find a better sound myself as well, I don't think anyone would miss the noise would they :)

The DB Flirt 1 reskin is on hold until my wrist heals, another week of it in a splint then I can use my mouse again!

Let me know by private message if you need a reskin in a different operator colour scheme.

Cheers

• Should have clarified that what I meant was that the sound can be heard inside the cab as well in TRS19. And louder as well. And driving for an hour with constant whistle in my ear will not be fun. True I can disable sounds, but what about other players? I will think about a possible workaround or better sound.

Maybe a separate version with no sounds other than the rolling sounds and lock the player camera in cab view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But that would be stupid...

I've got the sound sorted out now, I've used this one..

<kuid:400048:100126>

It's on the DLS and it's from a version of the Flirt, but without the whistle!

I'll add it to the update if you think it sounds OK.

It has to go in all 4 units.

Cheers.

• I will put it into the flirt and let you know tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion. Quick look at the sound files already tells it will be a much nicer sound to listen to, but I will still test it to make sure.

• Hello Krisz,

Thank you very much that would be very much appreciated :thumbs_up:

Cheers,

• One member of our team is skilled with sound modifications and edits. He volunteered to fix the sounds a little. He will make them less loud and add aditional sounds and transition to different, less headache inducing sound. We are taking this video as an example. What he needs now is the hum of the traction motors. It esentially sounds like a tram or metro, so something along these sounds could work nicely. If you have anything of that style, let me know. Thank You.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• I'll leave that to your team and the PTS-Club/HOTT team, I will then add whatever you think is right.

Which Flirt sets will you be using? (MAV, H-START, GySEV) and tell me what destinations, I can then add the destination names to the models.

If you want to go as far as getting me the correct unit Identification numbers I can add those. (1415 079 etc.)

I am willing to make as many versions as you need for the Central Europe project.

Cheers

• I know i'll definetly be needing the Nordbahn flirts for northern germany, end destinations that i can think of would be: Flensburg, Kiel, Neumünster, Itzehoe, Hamburg Altona, Hamburg Hbf.

thank you for helping this project, it means a whole load

That would be BR1428 though. That one has changeable destination boards.

As for Flirt 1 (no idea if Nordbahn operates those), but we were thinking a little. Best would be to have the current texture with destination covered on them and replaced with text field and script to use the dest board command, same as on Flirt by Gnatz. That way we can avoid too high amount of Flirts on DLS with different boards and numbers and effectively unlock infinite session posibilities.

Could that be doable?

As for different numbers, that is not needed, but again, best would be to have ARN script.

As for the current session idea. I want to use the blue and white set and have it run from Nové Zámky through Vác to Budapest, where it couples to another unit forming a double set and continuing to Esztergom. So basically the entire lenght of current hungray.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Slovak_Eagle () aus folgendem Grund: sets & session &grammar

• Flirt 1, I've never tried adding things like that before, but, I will see what I can do.

Flirt 3 in Nordbahn might be possible. but the SUWEX version has cab doors and the Nordbahn one doesn't, can't change that, would that matter?

My DB (red) version has the passenger door in the wrong place, but nobody was worried about that :) .

I make no promises, but I do like a challenge. :)

The problem that I have at the moment is that I cannot use a mouse accurately, I have a wrist brace in place until Friday and I have others to make first.

Sounds, do you know about this website, I just found it, so know nothing about it.

http://www.zimo.at/web2010/sound/tableindex_EN.htm

Cheers

• Update post:

Czech Republic
    Work on Přerov - Praha has begun. 90+ kilometers of new mainline corridor through the Czech Republic. At the intended track speeds, you will be able to traverse this distance in 50 minutes non-stop. The mainline speeds will range from 120 to 160 most of the time. However, occasional slow downs to 80 can and will occur.
    This section will be the longest one to be added in one single update. I am also including two screenshots of the trackwork for the largest passenger station yet - Praha Main Station , with a small glimpse at Praha Masarykovo Station.

Work on remodelling existing parts is planned. This part in particular is Peršing - Brno. The oldest section on the entire route. It does not fit terrain wise into the location it represents, but is easier to rework than entire Austrian section right now. Hence why Austria will on get rework listed below.

Austria

Work on Trauch (Wien) - Linz has begun. Around 50 kilometers of new high speed mainline taking you through the Austrian countryside, stopping at more important cities. The fact that we are now building the high-speed line too requires a rebuild of Trauch HBF. We have found a suitable geografical placement for this to work and have decided to roll with it.

Work on Trauch (Wien) - Wiener Neustadt has begun. A short, 5 kilometers long section on the mainline to Graz is in construction. Why so small? This part is being built only to create connection with Hungary through Sopron.

There are no images worth showing for this part yet, however we are done with trackwork from Hafning to Sankt Polten and the flyovers. Terrain and scenery is still to be added.

Slovakia

Work on Kraľovany - Poprad has begun. At least 30 kilometers of new mainline through the mountains of Slovakia. Why so little compared to the rest? I am working on a separate project of mine as well and I would like to finally get something done on it, so my progress on Central Europe will be slow, however I won´t release the entire route until all sections are built and connected to their intended destination. There are no images worth showing, but I did build something already.

Work on remodelling existing parts has begun. This speaks for itself. Some older parts of Slovakia will be re-designed and updated to look like the rest of the route.

Sessions

As for sessions, I have received no comissions. Therefore I can focus more on building the route. Since I already released 7 sessions and covered my planned 7 months of them, I can not say for sure when new sessions will release. I do have 2 finished and at least 3 more to make. I will probably release the 2 before I finish the 3.
    Please note that not all of the sessions will make it to V1.0 because of the scenery and trackwork updates. Alternatively they might receive an update fixing them for V1.0

Members

I am happy to announce two new members of our group. Levi990e and Euromodeller have accepted our invitation to join the CEP. They will be mostly working on models rather than route building.

All this work is getting us closer to Germany. Which means I should start preparing Berlin, as it will probably end up being twice the size of Praha.

Thank You for your support. We appreciate it.

• Hi,

Beautiful project :smiling_face_with_halo: ... but daunting tremendous work, guys :face_with_open_mouth: !!

I'm on the knees when I see this map !

By the way, the sessions created for v0.98 map work perfectly on the v0.99 map :thumbs_up: !

I've searched fot "Trauch" on Internet, but cannot find it : is this town imaginary ? Same for "Persin" ...

Congratulations for your work !

Cheers,

Philippe

• Hi! Thank You!

Yes indeed, Trauch, Biberbach, Obergut, Hafning, Peršing, Eso and Žehlička stations are fictional.