Central Europe MP Route Project

• Finally after some problems I have finished Unit a...

Problems were..

An extra door to add each side. Note all doors don't work, they are only painted on.

The floor, windows and doors are all higher up the body than previous flirts.

Finding the correct inscriptions (numbers etc). for the sides took ages.

The 3 remaining units are now just needing the inscriptions adding.

So hopefully the first set will be on the DLS for the weekend.

This model is the 2008 Swiss built unit, I will do the later 2014 Stadler Polski versions later on.

Cheers,

Graham

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• Finished and on the way to the DLS now.

On to the next C.E.P. reskin wich is of a ??????? :winking_face:

Cheers,

Leidenschaftlich daran interessiert, alte Trainz-Assets am Leben zu erhalten.

Passionate about keeping old Trainz assets alive.

Wenn Sie müde werden, lernen Sie, sich auszuruhen, nicht aufzugeben.

When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.

• Hello! Today we have decided to reveal Central Europe Project - Mini!

What is CEP Mini?
    CEP Mini is a small, fully fictional route based on Central Europe and set only in 3 countries - Poland, Czechia and Slovakia.

If you have followed the project closely (or tried it yourself), you know that running multiplayer on the main layout is not possible due to the amount of details. The game has trouble loading different areas of the route. CEP Mini is here to eliminate that.

If you have followed the project since the beggining, you know that original CEP plans weren´t 600 kilometers long. Instead, original CEP plan was to be fully fictional representation of Slovakia, Czechia and Germany. However due to our German team member loosing motivation and the rest of the team now going more realistic, we enden up changing all the original ideas.

CEP Mini takes the original idea of small layout spread across 3 countries. The idea is simple. 25 kilometers of tracks per country on 100 baseboards organised in square or rectangle.

The route is made of outside and inside.

Outside is an electrified mainline connecting all 3 countries in a loop. To make it more challenging and allow the use of all electric engines, the electric system changes. Slovakia and Czechia are connected with 25kV AC and Slovakia with Czechia are connected to Poland with 3kV DC.

Inside is made a diesel branchline. This provides secondary connections to all countries in the middle of the route.

The route has various industries spread across the 3 countries. The industry chain often passes the border.

This little idea has been in development for around 3 weeks now and is slowly coming along, with main stations of each country being finished already. We are now moving towards the rural areas with many more industries.

So, let´s take a look at the main stations.

Poland:

Czechia:

Slovakia:

Now as stated before, CEP Mini is meant for multiplayer purposes. The route is not heavy on performance and despite the detail, handles very well.

Obviously, this pauses progress on CEP in certain regions for a while. But as some of the route builders have been slowly draining their creativity over the last 3 years, doing something a little bit different is helping us to regain motivation and power to work on the main layout.

I myself have been focusing more on sessions for the main CEP. This and the inability of the game to handle the route in multiplayer is begging the question of using CEP only for SIngleplayer scripted sessions, while CEP Mini for multiplayer. However I already know that despite this, I will release both singleplayer and multiplayer sessions for both routes.

Thank You for the support! Have a wonderful weekend!

• Well, that's indeed an announcement I did not expect to see. Though I understand you and your teams intention. I'm looking forward to any upcoming MP sessions on CEP Mini to participate in. Especially since the recent MP session has taken place on Debrecen - Nyiregyhaza, I'm once again eager to enjoy some more of it, especially on such a well build route as the screenshots above suggest.

Thank you for the heads up.

Greetings

Marcel

• "epic yes" as I would say on Discord.

However, I'd like to mention one thing. It's the incident with a copy of CE v0.2 republished on DLS. CE:Mini is similiar in terms of size and MP compability, so it could be a potential target of another incident. So, at this point I - in the name of CEP Team - don't want our map to be republished by any argument whether it is just an MP private test or anything else. Any copies seen on DLS will be removed.

If you want MP map, build your own. We spent too much time building it, so seeing unknown copy is simply... infuriating.

• Central Europe : Mini Update

At the current pace, I am expecting the full release of CE:Mini sometime in the first week of August, maybe with luck late July. Some portions of CE:Mini could be released separately over the next week.

Route:

- Slovakia is at final stretch of completion. Scenerywise towns and grass are the only two things remaining. Trackwise signals and junctions on the last section are still to be placed.
    - Czechia is completed.
    - Poland is close to being completed. Last section is still not placed, but is in development.

- Country connections will be last to finish and shouldn´t take too long. Slovakia and Czechia are already connected at the mainline.

Sessions:

- Basic MP session will be available at route release.
    - Complex MP session (with AI trains) will take longer time to finish, to make sure AI trains won´t get stuck and to make sure they do not interfere with player operations. Idiot-proofing the AI will be hard task and require a lot of complex rules and set-ups, this could take up to one week on itself. The complex session will undergo intesive testing, and if it proves good, it will most likely replace the basic session.
    - Singleplayer session will be appearing too, but not as much as on main CE route.

Special:
    - Showcase (promotional) session will be handed to some people before the route releases. These people are Sharadise , Jani_VM14 and me. I know Jani_VM14 will most likely produce more videos, which I of course allow. This promotional session will be available upon route release as well.

As for the route, we are also preparing a map which will be available as an object placed on the route, marking loading and unloading points. This part will be handled by Swedar and yuz6099.

Thank You for your support and patience.