Central Europe MP Route Project

• STATUS UPDATE

Central Europe: Mini

CE Mini will have several updates done to the route. Problems taht haven´t popped up before are now being taken care of, so please be patient and expect few updates to the route to release in the next few days. This was expected to happen as testing multiplayer of the route was impossible without uploading onto the DLS.

As a compensation, I will be releasing first few singleplayer sessions for the route so you guys can enjoy it while the multiplayer part of the route doesn´t work properly (due to frequent updates and small issues which were hidden before).

Me and Swedar have been working on something special alongside this as well. You can check it out here. Or here.

Central Europe Project

On hold until we fix CE Mini. After that, resources will be split to asset creation and route building. We will most likely finish what we started: Eastern Austria, North-Western Hungary, Northern Slovakia, South-Western Poland and Mainline to Prague in Czechia.

After that, some of us will take a break and work on other projects (like me on a German High-Speed route) and some other people will work on creating new content such as locos and traincars.

Fictional German High-Speed

First things first, this is my personal project, I am developing this alone.

I have mentioned this route before and linked a short video to it over on Discord. Layout is fictional, however majority of location names are real. 4 lines are planned, currently focusing on Southern line, which is around 30 kilometers long as of now. Main point of interest with at least 2 stations will be Berlin, with fictional high-speed Berlin Zentral (BZ from now on) station and Berlin Altstadt station. This will also be one of the only two cities to include an Airport station, with the Internationaler Flughafen Berlin one existing 10 kilometers from BZ. At various distances from BZ, the lines will intersect a 2-4-6 track circular line connecting the lines together.

Majority of the lines will be dedicated high-speed lines with regional lines carrying both freight and slower passenger trains running alongside. Current progress is around 5 km in 3 days (thanks to light scenery). I will be trying to work in these 4km segments purely to bring something new with the scenery to keep players engaged.

I have no idea what the interest would be for this kind of route, as such I want to finish only one line (Southern line) and see how it all works out. I am also contemplating making this route payware for very low price (5 to 10€), but only when all lines are finished. I am aiming to bring at least 100km per mainline.

North Mainline: Top Speed: 320km/h ; 150km lenght ; Dedicated Line 100% of the time ; Nickname: Sea Express ; ICE1, ICE2, Velaro D
    South Mainline: Top Speed: 300km/h ; 100km lenght ; Dedicated Line 85%-90% of the time ; Nickname: Mountain Express ; ICE1, ICE2, BR101, Taurus
    West Mainline: Top Speed: 400-450km/h ; 200+km lenght ; Dedicated Line 95% of the time ; Nickname: Paris Flyer ; Velaro D, TGV Duplex, TGV Extremite
    East Mainline: Top Speed: 240km/h ; 100km lenght ; Dedicated Line 60% of the time ; Nickname: The Czechpress ; ICE1, ICE2, Pendolino, BR101, Taurus

For the amount of long distances, you might think this will take ages, but I am already over 25% done with Southern mainline. If I dedicate all of my time, I can push 5km a day thanks to the light scenery. Current progress is at 4km per 3 days due to me working on CEM and CEP and also playing other games.

If there will be enough interest after first mainline is done, I will work on more lines and possibly create new thread to talk about that route. For those who haven´t seen the short clip, link is here. I will be posting some screenshots from the route as I go along into the screenshot thread, with first one being posted right now.

But keep in mind, this route is going to be mainly developed after current areas of CEM and CEP are done, as of now it works only as a distraction to keep my personal motivation levels high.

As usual, if you have any questions regarding any of our projects, feel free to ask them here.

Thank You for your awesome support! Thank You for your time and patience. Thank You for understanding! Thank You for reading!

I wish you all a wonderful week!

• How about adding he German High Speed to the Mini Central Europe ?

• Quick thing. Or 3 of them, actually. 3 videos to be precise.

Central Europe Mini Drive - Circle Mainline

- sit along a relaxing 45 minute long journey around the outer map of CEM.

Central Europe Mini - ČD Workday Pt.1

- Drive-through of the first official session for CEM.

Central Europe Mini - ČD Workday Pt.2
    - Drive-through of the second official session for CEM. Dircet continuation of the first one.

More videos will come in the near future. You can suggest in this thread what you would like to see and I will attempt to make it.

• What a wonderful project.

I am playing more as a dispatcher and i have started work on the Central European - and so far, i am adding Track-Markers. Plus a bit of point to point operating. The route is an absolute monster. Traffic works fine so far, all signals working. I ll get my Hand on the Mini as well when i need a break from the BIG ONE :)

Keep up the good work :)

• Another quick update:

The sessions in the videos are now out on the DLS with all fixes. It took a lot of time to debug them and fix them all, but they are all working as intended now (as shown in the videos).

As for other things, few more sessions are in works and videos as well. I have also managed to find time to get into the session creation tutorial and will be recording those.

• Hi guys,

Thank you for your wonderful work, plenty of details and beautiful landscapes :) !

The first singleplayer session work like a charm !

For the second one, there are two problems :

- At the beginning, Adam (the shunter) is unable to couple two more passenger cars to the driver's train : the signal just in front of him remains red ("line occupied by another train") . I have to manually set the signal to a shunting indication (white) in order to liberate Adam and let him accomplish his task .

- When the driver is at Zajicov, the very long (2 locos and 49 vehicules) AI freight train which was waiting at Medvedov starts ... and derails at the exit of the next tunnel ... and the session finishes here :frowning_face: .

I'm playing with the last versions of these sessions (rev .2) published on the DLS . I've tried 3 times, and the same problems occured each time .

Hope this helps :winking_face: ...

Cheers, Philippe

• That´s intresting...

1. The signals are scripted in a way to let train with priority 3 through. I have been testing the session repeatedly and haven´t encountered this even once. I will take a look at it and see what I can do.

2. I have encountered this only once out of the 10 or so times I tested the session. As a result I didn´t pay much attention to it and attributed it to a random game bug.

I will see what I can do and hopefully fix both issues.

• HI,

Sadly, the same two problems are still occuring ...

I've run the second session two times .

1 - Adam the shunter is still unable to proceed

2 - The derailment seems to happen at different places :

- first time at the end of a tunnel,

- second time just after the station of Zajicov .

The train is the very long one driven by Tomas . The 13rd vehicule derails and the session fails .

Cheers,

Philippe .

• In surveyor, I've verified the signal 2654, it is configurated to allow shunting for locomotives with priority 3 . The shunter has effectively a priority of 3 . So far, so good .

In the session, if I hover on the signal 2654 and click on "view details", the line "manual control" shows "Force S1 STOP signal" . If I click on this mention, I can choose "Force shunt signal", and then the signal turns from red to white, and the shunter begins to move .

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Philippe

• Hi,

I've tested the 4th iteration of the session :

There is some progress :winking_face: :

1 - the signal 2654 is still subborn, and I still have to help this poor Adam :wacko: ...

2 - for the first time, Tomas has not derailed, and I could finish the session successfully :clap: !

Cheers,

Philippe