Central Europe MP Route Project

• So, big news, big news, not happening yet. Why? About 196 errors and 278 warnings.

So far all attempts at peaceful upload have failed, to the point that I had to write to N3V about it. I am getting false errors for assets which are not even present on the route or sessions. So until we can find a fix for this issue, there will unfortunately not be any big news.

However, some people might know what is about to come just from the attached screenshot below. I don´t want to spoil too much, but if all things fail, I will spoil it.

Until then, have a good day.

• At this point I am starting to think that all planets align just so that our little project can not achieve what it wants. This is the third time in a row that something went wrong when we are absolutely ready and prepared. Universe hates us :grinning_squinting_face:

Unofrtunately no, I have no idea how much back is this going to push our release date.

• From Developer's Diary...

One of the stations that were slightly rebuilt for upcoming CEM update was also Brzozowice. Even though I redesigned some of its parts back in January, I think it is worth mentioning.

Before:

After:

And additional screenshot:

Also, the plans about release and the future of our project have changed due to various reasons but that's Slovak_Eagle 's role to tell You about it.

• Release plans. I guess it is time to break the ice, it´s been 14 days now.

Over the last few months we have been talking with the CEO of N3V Games about having our route included with base game of Trainz 22.
    Both sides agreed and set the date for the inclusion and release at 1st March, alongside worlwide release day of Trainz 22.

What happened?
    - 14 days ago the route was uploaded onto the TCCP (Trainz Content Creator Program), so it could be included in the next Trainz release. However, due to the errors I posted here, we were unable to move to the 2nd stage of TCCP and that is BETA Testing. I informed N3V about the issue and few days ago I got a reply that they are looking into the issues.

Why do the days matter?
    - In order for an asset (package) to finish 2nd stage on TCCP, the route needs to go through 14 days of testing by various users. Stage 3 is Trainz Team (N3V Employees) testing the package afterwards, which also takes a few days. Stage 4 is release.

Tomorrow it will be 14 days until planned release date. However, I do not know whether N3V will be able to fix their TCCP issues in time. So from tomorrow, each late day is adding a day to the release, +10 days so N3V can check the package. So, the release date has already been shifted to 10th March, but even this date will definitely change.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How does our route fit into TRS19 and 22?

ZiuT has done some amazing and interesting research, comparing the current built-in routes with ours.

In the screenshot are some of the built-in routes and as you can see, Central Europe Mini is the most modern route out of them all. We are also utilising all available options to make performance as good as possible. Using LODs, low amount of polys, low amount of textures and low amount of drawcalls. The content yuz6099 and ZiuT helped create, along with Euromodeller, Mika and GnatzED , is easily the most modern and most optimized content released for the game in the last several years by any European community, and I dare to say better than majority of American and some Russian content too.

Now you may be thinking, okay, what about TRS22 routes? Screenshots only show TRS19 routes. However, quick research with the help of an American friend from NARM shows the same picture. CEM has the most new assets out of all the routes included in TRS22.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What lies ahead?

We don´t know properly what will happen after the release of CE Mini.

Long time ago we said that development of the main Central Europe route had to be stopped because the game is too unoptimized to load long and big route projects in a good amount of time. As a result, most of the development has been stopped, however some members of the team want to at least try and finish certain mainlines like Brno - Praha and Žilina - Košice.

I myself still want to finish the Fictional High Speed route I started long time ago, but current events and development has drained my motivation and creativity.

There have been talks by some members about "Mini Germany" or "Scandiavia Mini".
    Some want to create something completely different. 2 real life lines have been talked about. "Lipno" in Czechia and "Bratislava - Brno" on a border crossing Slovakia / Czechia.
    There also have been talks of creating a route inspired by Modula City.

So, a lot of ideas on what next, but nobody is sure what will happen. We know that we will still remain a team, helping each other out and outphasing old content with our releases on the DLS.

Will CEM be forgotten about after release and drop support?

- No. I do not plan on abandoning the route after release. You never know when something might break and we will have to fix it. We are also still making new content, so seing that in sessions or placed on the route would be a nice update once in a while. However, the route itself is finished and will not be expanding with new areas.

DLS Misconceptions And Rumours

I would also like to add a bit of a clarification (with a small touch of personal wording because people annoy me a lot with this) to one very popular and stupid misconception that has spread across the European communities.

If you upload your terribly unoptimized low quality asset on the DLS and it appears as part of a DLC, N3V did not "steal" your content and does not "make money" out of it. Your content is still on the DLS available for free for everyone. N3V is not selling your asset, they are selling the route, sessions and game. And if that tiny kuid change (making your asset go :1 up in version) is making you angry and spread stupid rumours just because you "heard it" or "wanna show them" or "made it up on the spot", you should read through the license and terms of service again, and also get anger therapy. You are not hurting N3V and DLS in any way, you are only hurting your credibility and your entire community.

Not only are there EU laws against them "stealing" your content, N3V is fully aware of these laws and obeys them.

And the monetary things listed in their "terms of service" refer mostly to First Class Tickets, so that they can keep the DLS servers up and running.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not only are there EU laws against them "stealing" your content, N3V is fully aware of these laws and obeys them.

Thats the point. Uploading something to DLS grants N3V a license to host the stuff. Every uploader is free to upload its stuff additionally on another page where no login or FCT is required.

And if that tiny kuid change (making your asset go :1 up in version)

That's a point I really dislike about their DLC system and thats something that they really have to change.

Increasing the KUID-version for a DLC package means that in some cases (Route creater has those DLCs installed) users also require that DLC even if the original asset is on DLS, just because the DLC-asset has a higher version. But that goes too much off topic.

I hope everything goes well with that route and i look forward to have it built-in :)

• For now, just a clip.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Everyone made some announcements in this past while, so i thought I will add something of mine.

Alongside making new reskins, i am going to do a makeover of my older content so it matches the quality of the new one.

For instance, here´s reworked CDC 240 021 with two of her sisters at Hojné Údolie depot:

• Additional changes, fixes and other things are being implemented. Expected release is around 1st April. We have decided to go for DLS release. Further talks with N3V will be about bringing the route into TRS22 at later stage or as a freeware on the Trainz Store.

As much as I would love to get rid of some of the dependencies which have been causing some problems, I do not think that I am able to do so in a reasonable amount of time, because there is 220 of them. They are marked as built-in in pre-SP4 releases, "packaged" in SP4 and SP5. Due ot this, there have been some issues of bringing it through TCCP into TRS22. We are talking about how to resolve this the easiest way.

For now, expect 1st April. If something changes, I will let you guys know. Peace.

P.s: Performance on the route seems to be suffering in certain areas. We will try to resolve this issue as well. For now only fix is to lower drawing distance. To my surprise, the route is looking really good even at 1500m drawing distance :grinning_squinting_face:

P.P.s: I will be uploading the sessions on this site as well, except the multiplayer session. Route itself will be only at the DLS.

• Ich glaube, wir brauchen ein neues "Emoji" für die Bewertung

eines Postings. Ich beantrage hiermit ein: :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes:

Die Bilder sind einfach zu genial, um nicht zu sagen, saugeil.

Fünf Sterne sind immer noch zu wenig. :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes:

16066-signaturbild-ujb

Früher war nicht alles besser.

Es war nur unsere Zeit, unsere Kindheit und Jugend.

• Kann mal jemand einen Michelin für Trainzer entwerfen? :clap: :face_with_tears_of_joy:

Grüße

Jürgen aka Joth

(Ex-Neuköllner)

"Die Dummheit von Regierungen sollte niemals unterschätzt werden." Helmut Schmidt

"Immer wenn ich denke, dass meine Strecke fertig ist, gibt es ein Update" Icke

''Ich habe große Achtung vor der Menschenkenntnis meines Hundes, er ist schneller und gründlicher als ich.'' Fürst Bismarck

"Denk ich an Deutschland in der Nacht, dann bin ich um den Schlaf gebracht.“ Heinrich Heine