Central Europe MP Route Project

• Continuing on the electric mainline through Slovakia you can now find Trenčín!

West approach into the station is a sharp 90 degree turn before which you slow down from the highest speed in Slovakia, 160km/h to 80km/h and eventually 40km/h.
    East approach is slow down from 160km/h to 40km/h on a new and shiny corridor to accomodate higher speeds.

As for industries, there are none. This station alongside with the next station (Púchov or Žilina) serves as a locomotive change point as the catenary system changes past Trenčín from 25kV AC to 3kV DC. A small yard was built here to make this change possible, however there is no shed or depo to park these locomotives at.
    Note that the change here can be only done by 3kV DC system locomotives rolling into the station and then being shunted out by another locomotive.

Also past this station, you officially enter Central Slovakia region. Prepare for more hills and mountains!

There is also a new version (v0.94) of the map and multiplayer session coming to DLS in the next 48 hours. This version will outdate v0.93

• My small consideration for this route:

I would like to make a personal compliment for those who made this route.

The route is very beautiful, made with attention to every detail, from the track level to the surrounding environment.

The only negative note that I found in the various tests that I did:

The speed limits are not correctly positioned, especially in the Austrian part, the speed change in some points is too fast, they should be completely reviewed.

An example: from the Hafning station which is located south of the route, going north you will find a limit of 140 km / h, and immediately after 160 km / h, after about 2 km there is a highway that passes over the railway, in curves there is a limit of 70 km / h and immediately after there are 140 km / h.

The change of speed is too fast, and in a small space.

I did some tests and I saw that 90 km / h can pass well in the curves under the highway, perhaps even at 100 km / h.

As written at the beginning these are my personal considerations.

Ve coro in cuèo...

• My respect for your plans and ambitions .... and many thanks for this project.

But does such a huge map really work without crashing the program? There are so many details in your beautiful route ....

Meinen Respekt für eure Pläne und Ambitionen.... und vielen Dank für dieses Projekt.

Aber funktioniert solch eine riesige Strecke noch ohne Programm-Crash? Es gibt so viele Details in eurer schönen Strecke ...

• Ich tippe mal darauf, das die Strecke an sich fiktiv ist. Trotzdem wuerde mich interessieren, ob die einzelnen Staedte genau nachgebildet sind oder nur an das Vorbild erinnern sollen.

Now I'm guessing this is a fictional route. Still, I wonder whether the actual cities shown on your map are exact replicas of them or are built with a certain artistic license involved.

I love the Idea behind it! :thumbs_up:

• Offizieller Beitrag

We have a file size limit of 1 GB on single assets (not sure about this one though) and 512 MB compressed CDP for the DLS to accept it. Detailed Object placement doesn't change all that much in filesize, its more detailled terrain and texturing. If it really becomes a problem I believe theres a lot of backgronud mountains in Austria that could go in the worst case to make some space, but thats not a true worry right now.

Pure route size isn't either. Several huge routes have been made by merging many already large routes for the past 10 years. The game is able to cope with that. The coordinate system supports extremely large distances in all directions and when it comes to actually playing the route, mostly the scenery around you is relevant, although without enabled route streaming everything related to the tracks and all scripted objects are likely still processed no matter where they are, but I think even that is neglectable as UMR and Schwäninger Land both contain a large amount of industries and signals and are also still able to function.

I'd say the bigger worry is how long it will take to complete however I will admit that this will largely be my fault because I'm just the slowest of us in terms of building as I just can't get myself to not add some tiny details here and there :grinning_squinting_face:

trainzrule Originally the route started out as being entirely fictional - until the addition of Bratislava. As Germany is being restarted to go with this style as well, Poland, Denmark, Slovakia and Germany are going to be a scaled down version in terms of the distance between individual stations and towns, with the major stations and towns themselfes being replicated at more or less the actual scale. Our current idea except for Austria and Czechia(?) is similar to the representation of Europe in ETS2, replicated mostly real cities and industries with finctional and much shortened connections in between them. The biggest violations in redesigned Germany that I can speak of are that the two major modules which I created completely myself, the Quarry and Traunheim Nord will continue to be used but in the wrong locations. Traunheim Nord will likely be rethemed into Leipzig-Engelsdorf (originally its layout is based on Gütersloh but thats currently far from our progress) and the Drahnstedt Quarry which is actually a half sized replica of Tagebau Etzweiler with lots of liberty taken in the train loading area is planned to be moved nearby Riesa which only has very small limestone quarries in real life.

By the way the scale isn't constant but sections in between stations for Slovakia which I'm orienting redesigned Germany on average between 1:6 and 1:5.

Greets, Mika

• As you may have noticed, I uploaded 4 singleplayer sessions already. This pretty much means the route is good enough for basic operations. However, I will not make more sessions until we have the mainline to Praha finished.

The size of the project is my fault and also the fault of TheBrandtK . I basically decided to start with the idea of re-making stations into the game at a smaller scale. I always wanted to have Bratislava in the game because of it´s unique track layout. And from there on I just went with real world recreation of entire Slovakia. I did however adapt station designs to my own liking and to suit the route better. You can see this in all the stations so far compared to satellite images. The closest ones being Bratislava, Nové Zámky and Nitra. There is always that need to add every station, but I know I need to skip majority of them because of the scale, so I am trying my best to select them out.

What Brandt did is the fact that he decided to join in with his country, Denmark. This basically means that Germany has to go all the way up to the border. That means we kind of force Mika to push it to that border.

I am also behind the map design I posted earlier. That is the general idea of how it will look if we do everything. But, we have so to say a corridor of what needs to be done first. Right now that corridor is Bratislava-Brno-Praha-Dresden-Berlin-Fredericia and Brno-Ostrava-Warsaw. My plan is to finish the mainline to Žilina or to Liptovský Mikuláš in the next update. I then will finish the mainline to Budapest and expand Liptovský Mikuláš - Poprad (possibly all the way to Košice).

At that point, the main project of mine will be finished. Then I will finish Budapest and Balaton. After that I take upon myself the job of Trauch-Bern and then Trauch-Munich. Then rest of Slovakia and Hungary.

So I have the most amount of work to do, but I am one of the faster builders on the team.