Beiträge von yuz6099

Wenn jetzt noch ein polnischer Autor mitmachen würde, damit man über dem tschechischen Modul noch durch polen fahren könnte...

The only problem with this is that polish content creators keep everything private (the same problem with czehcs). There's no polish catenary or signals on the DLS, that's the main problem. We've already tried to ask one polish route builder to make his part, but he said that there's no necessary assets avaiable on the DLS.

So i've been experimenting with .tbumptex material in TRS19.
    I took the 386 model as example (386 011-1) and generated a normal map for it. Specular map is included (located in the alpha channel of the normal map).
    I made this normal map very, very quickly just to demostrate the effect. So it can look like crap somewhere.
    So, on the screenshot: loco on the left - with standart .onetex material; loco on the right - with .tbumptex (normal + specular). As you can see here and in the attached video, specular brings life to the model - light level changes during rotation and moving.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I found some eccouraging things. For example, tbumptex material is simulated with PBR - color on the specular map will be shared between two pseudo-PBR maps. And that specular map will be set as roughness and in the same time as metallic map. TL;DR: the more white is specular map - the more metallic it will get.
    I also made a short upgrade instruction. To perform it, you will require any grapic editor, any normal map generator and IM Editor.